Wednesday, January 18, 2017

My Photograph of Yellow Roses at Descanso Gardens + January Sketches Art, Day 18 Sketch, Big Eye Goddess...



I took this photograph of these yellow roses at Descanso Gardens a while back.  I have a particular fondness for roses and these just grabbed me...  I hope that you will enjoy this photo! 


I love to paint flowers, you may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.

==============================================


Here is a sketch of a big eyed gothic maiden.  I think she has a depth to her gaze although one eye is hidden.  I think she is most likely a goddess, although she could also be a fairy angel or mermaid.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in January.  This is day 18.

This is a rough sketch.

7 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful photos, roses are always my faves. Your maiden is lovely, too. Have a nice afternoon, hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

Beautiful yellow roses and your maiden has such pretty eyes.

Anonymous said...

I love the sensuous and playful hint of that hiding eye

Lowcarb team member said...

Such beautiful roses, a very nice photograph.
Your maiden has very pretty eyes.

All the best Jan

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much Valerie-Jael, Christine, Martin, and Jan!

Magic Love Crow said...

Gorgeous flowers and I love your maiden! WOW! Hugs!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks very much Stacy!