Friday, September 1, 2017

The 5th Annual Coaster Show at the La Luz de Jesus Gallery Mermaid Octopus & Betta Fish Goddess Art Original Paintings Opening + AUG Sketches, Sketch 30-31, Camellia + Calla Lily & SEP 1, 29-100 Faces...



My 4"x4" original paintings that were accepted for the The 5th Annual Coaster Show at the La Luz de Jesus Gallery are now available there!  The opening is tonight.  I will definitely not be attending the opening, I still am not feeling well, but I hope to be at the closing near the end as well as to visit at some point during the run of the show to try and get some photographs to share.  The show information is below.

Even if attending the show isn't possible, you can purchase art via the phone number below.  If you'd like to see some of the many impressive small artworks, they are avalable for viewing here:
The page may take a while to load as there are many images as well as art from a solo show by Harold Fox above the coaster art show.  All of the coasters are priced at $250 or below, mine are available at $60 each.

The 5th Annual Coaster Show
September 1 – October 1, 2017
Opening Reception: Friday, Sept. 1st, 8-11 PM
Closing Party: Sunday, Oct. 1st noon-six PM

Hours
11 to 7 PM Monday to Wednesday
11 to 9 PM Thursday to Saturday
Noon to 6 PM on Sunday
The gallery is located inside the Soap Plant/Wacko complex.

CONTACT INFO
La Luz de Jesus Gallery
Location: 4633 Hollywood Boulevard Los Angeles, CA. 90027
Phone: (323) 666-7667
Email: info@laluzdejesus.com


You may see more of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like. 

==================================================


Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  Her eyes are gently closed.  I think she is most likely an angel fairy, although she could also be a mermaid or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in September. This is day 1. 

I am also participating in the September 29 Faces Challenge! The goal is to share 29 faces in the month of September. To learn more about the challenge, please click here: http://29faces.blogspot.com/.

This is a rough sketch. 

==================================================


Here is a sketch of a camellia.  This bud is such a sweet and lovely start for such a wonderful flower...  I'm unsure if I'll paint it or not, but I did enjoy sketching it. 


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in August.  This is from day 30.  

This is a rough sketch.


Here is a sketch of a calla lily flower.  Calla lilies are full of such grace...  I'm unsure if I'll paint it or not, but I did enjoy sketching it. 


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in August.  This is from day 31.  

This is a rough sketch. 

13 comments:

Christine said...

Lovely coasters and beautiful sketches today Lisa!

Anonymous said...

I shared this so other may know.
The sketches are beautiful. You know I like the hairstyle.

Valerie-Jael said...

Congrats on being in the show. Love the sketches, too. Hope ou soon feel better! Hugs, Valerie

Lux G. said...

Always so pretty. Hope you feel better soon.

SHON said...

A lot of congratulations on your participation in the 5th Annual Coaster Show at the La Luz de Jesus Gallery!!

Jennifer Rose said...

sorry you are not feeling better :(

NatureFootstep said...

sorry I can´t go there, I would love to visit and see your work firsthand :)

Lowcarb team member said...

I'm sorry to read that you are still not feeling well, sending get well wishes to you.
I think your coasters look really good, and I like your sketches too.

My good wishes

All the best Jan

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much for your sweet words, I am starting to feel better, thank you!

Magic Love Crow said...

Lisa, I hope you are feeling better my friend!
Good luck at the show! It sounds wonderful!
Lisa, I really love your sketches!! I think you should painting your maiden with the cross! Very special!
Big Hugs!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much Stacy, I am starting to feel much better!

Magic Love Crow said...

Happy to hear! I looked through the art from this show. Wow, is there a lot of different art! It was really interesting to look at it all together!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you!