Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Original Lisianthus Flowers Painting! Art Prints & ACEO Prints! "A Celebration of Life and Love" Dia de los Muertos Exhibit...

"A Celebration of Life and Love"

Dia de los Muertos is to me a celebration of life and honoring those we have lost.  There is a great allure and solace in the love we share and this inspires me to express my joy in paint.  Eyes are the window to the truth of what is within, my big eyed calavera catrina beauties are how I share this love.  I was honored to participate in "A Celebration of Life and Love" at the San Juan Capistrano Library.  

Some of the artwork I photographed at the show is here, I also saw some amazing Aztec dancers, but I will endeavor to share that another day...

"Remembrance (Recuerdo)" by Lisa Isabella Russo with Artist  (Photo by Alex Ledante)

"Amongst the Ancestors (Entre Los Antepasados)" by Lisa Isabella Russo 

"La Sonrisa (The Smile)" by Lisa Isabella Russo 

"Sister Cancer" by Chuka Susan Chesney

"Soup Bones" I by Stephen Levey

"Release" by Jen Duran

"Captured" (top) and "The Mad Hatress" (bottom) by David Sorensen

"Bride" (top) and "Final Rest" (bottom) by Skye Amber Sweet

"The Woman & the Fire" by Stanley Lehman

"Dia de Los Muertos Series (6 of 6)" by Paul Montelongo

"Porcelain" by George Paul Miller

"Honoring the Dead" by Scott Hogue

"Renacimiento" (top), "Fatal Promise" (middle), and "Puesta de Sol" (bottom) by Alex Ledante

"Renacimiento" with Artist Alex Ledante

If you'd like to view the art in person, the show is open until November 30th.  If you're interested in any of the art, please contact Skye Amber Sweet at skyepoet.com.  

San Juan Capistrano Library 
31495 El Camino Real
Library 949-493-1752 

The festival exhibit dates are officially Sun. 10/1 - Thurs. 11/30  
Gallery / Library hours to view art outside reception date is as follows:
Monday-Thursday 10:00a - 7:00p
Saturday-Sunday 9:00a - 5:00p 
Fridays- CLOSED

Whilst I have continued to sketch daily, I spent my time getting this ready and haven't had a chance to prep my sketches yet.  I'll try to get caught up on posting my daily sketches tomorrow.

===================================================


"Lisianthus Beauties" Original 4"x3.5" Painting on Acid Free Vellum Paper in a 5.25"x4.75" Frame Here

This week my featured painting is "Lisianthus Beauties."  These light lilac flowers captured my imagination when I photographed them at Huntington Gardens.  The art has a soft realist impressionist feel.  The original lisianthus floral acrylic painting is available for purchase on my website as are art prints and LE ACEO prints!  This is the first time this painting has been available online.


Most of my art is also available on my website at lisarusso.com; however, on the first Tuesday of the month, I like to put some art prints and LE ACEO prints on ebay at a lower promotional rate for the duration of the auctions...  This month, my theme is purple flowers; you may see them here.

Featured Image "Lisianthus Beauties"
5"x7" Open Edition print on Sale here
ACEO 2.5"x3.5" Limited Edition LE 1st of 25 on Sale here


I am linking this post with Inspire Me Monday
http://www.create-with-joy.com/

8 comments:

Christine said...

Thanks for showing us the exhibit Lisa, beautiful paintings including yours! Your flower painting is also exquisite.

Valerie-Jael said...

BIG congrats on having three of your wonderful paintings in the show, which is packed with fantastic paintings. Love the lisianthus flowers, too, you have so much talent. Hugs, Valerie

SHON said...

All the paintings are so fabulous!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much Christine, Valerie, and SHON! Much appreciated.

Lowcarb team member said...

So nice to see the exhibits.
I think your flower painting is delightful.

All the best Jan

Jennifer Rose said...

lots of nice art at the exhibit :) great theme for a show too

Magic Love Crow said...

Lisa, I haven't seen "The Smile" painting of yours. Is that really new?? Really loved seeing you at the exhibit and loved seeing the other art as well! Gorgeous flower painting! Big Hugs!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks very much Jan, Jennifer, and Stacy! I was working on "The Smile" a while back, but I haven't managed to put her on my website yet. I'm hoping to do that on Tuesday, but we'll see how the week goes...